Funding & Subsidies
Pensioners & Veterans
Government Funding for Pensioners & Veterans for Hearing Tests, Hearing Aids & Hearing Aid Repairs
You may be eligible for Government-funded hearing tests, hearing aids and hearing aid repairs if you have a:
- Pensioner Concession Card;
- Sickness Allowance from Centrelink;
- DVA Gold Card (or White Card for hearing loss).
Or you are a:
- dependant of a person in the above categories;
- serving member of the Australian Defence Force.
Or if a:
- Disability Employment Service has referred you.
Medicare Rebates for Hearing Tests
Since 1 March 2023 Medicare will provide you with a rebate for your hearing test when you attend our clinic with a referral from your General Practitioner. This means means that your out of pocket expense for a hearing test will now be reduced significantly.
Also, you may be able to access Medicare rebates if you have a medical condition related to your ears which lasts six months or more. To be eligible for up to five audiology appointments in a calendar year, you will need to get a referral from your General Practitioner.
Private Health Insurance
Private Health Insurance for Hearing Tests, Hearing Aids & Hearing Aid Repairs
If “Extras” are included in your health insurance policy, you may be eligible for benefits for hearing tests, hearing aids and hearing aid repairs. Please contact your health insurer directly to find out which benefits apply to you and notify your Audiologist.
Notes and Disclaimer:
- Private health insurance information on the Hearingworks‘ website is intended as a guide only; Hearingworks is not responsible for the accuracy of the information.
- Private health insurance information was extracted from health fund websites and phone calls to health insurers in August 2016; the accuracy of information is dependent on the information made available by the fund.
- Waiting periods apply before you can claim your benefits. Some benefits increase with years of membership of the health insurer.
WorkCover Funding for Hearing Tests, Hearing Aids & Hearing Aid Repairs
If you have a hearing loss that you believe was caused by exposure to excessive noise in your workplace, you may be eligible for WorkCover funding for hearing tests, hearing aids, hearing aid repairs and/or a lump sum payment.
National Disability Insurance Scheme
National Disability Insurance Scheme for Hearing Tests, Hearing Aids & Hearing Aid Repairs
You may be eligible for funding for hearing tests, hearing aids and hearing aid repairs through the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) if you meet the following requirements:
- You have a permanent hearing loss that significantly affects your ability to take part in everyday activities;
- You are aged less than 65 when you first access the scheme;
- You are an Australian citizen, live in Australia and hold a permanent visa, or hold a Protected Special Category Visa.